Episode 14 - Unpacking Personal Fashion
In this episode, we talk about discovering our personal fashion preferences and its evolution with our careers and lives. We get into a discussion about the differences between our fashion style at work versus our daily lives.
As designers, we’re constantly expressing our work through the graphics that we develop, products that we make, and built projects that we design. With our creative mindset, we often have opinions about the aesthetics of everything around us, including the way that we look. In most cases, our wardrobe evolves with us from academia to the profession and thereafter. Until we’ve established ourselves enough to feel comfortable expressing our personal fashion preferences, many of us often conform to the aesthetic that is expected of us, which is okay.
Mike and Tim get into conversations about hygiene, dressing at the same level or better than your clients, and gaining the confidence to dress however we want to within any setting. Side note, during this recording, Mike was wearing sneakers, jeans, and a T-shirt and Tim was wearing shoes, bright blue pants, and a black T-shirt.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts, you can:
- Leave a note in the comments section below
- Make suggestions and ask Mike @archivalley or Tim @tim_ung a question on social media
To help us out, you can:
- Leave an honest rating and review on iTunes and anywhere else that you listen to podcasts
- Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
- Share this show on your favorite social media platform